With the beautiful weather, active community and excellent terrain and structure for running, there are many great running races here in San Diego all year long. One of the best resources would be online and there are two of them:
The big races throughout the year are are half and full marathons:
- Carlsbad Half/Full Marathon, January ~8,000 runners
- San Diego Half Marathon, March ~7,000 runners
- La Jolla Half Marathon, April ~8,000 runners – close to selling out as of now.
- Rock n Roll Half/Full Marathon, June – ~20,000 runners
- AFC Half Marathon, August ~8,000 runners
- Silver Strand Half, November ~5,000 runners